Home Forums Webinar Discussions Gutentor the Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Keymaster

Is anyone using the regular WordPress block editor more and more... and does the Gutentor plugin appear to be something that would be useful for anyone. I know we covered a whole bunch of information and it was more of an introductory walkthrough of a plugin, but hopefully, if people want more in-depth "how did they build that" type of webinars we can schedule something.

Watch the Video on YouTube

PaulOyler
    Participant

I stated in another topic that I use Beaver Builder on every site that I build/manage and that so far I have not used the block editor at all.

During the webinar, I was wondering if using Gutentor might be a good way for me to "get my feet wet" using the block editor.

Benjamin
    Keymaster

I might recommend using it for just your "Pages". And in the settings of Gutentor turn it off for every post type except Pages. This way you can leave all your custom post types and regular "blog" posts alone and treat "Pages" as just a building/layout/design element. #justathought

PaulOyler
    Participant

Thanks! I think I am going to give it a try. I have a couple of "Sandbox" sites that I experiment on, so I think it may be time to see what I can figure out.

MikeB
    Participant

For the past year I have built all my new websites using the Block editor. Gutenberg has evolved from clunky to easy to use. At first, I found myself using a lot of "Custom HTML" blocks to overcome Gutenberg's deficiencies. Then again, I built dozens of CSS/HTML websites before adopting WordPress as my main platform, so it is easy to cobble a page of part of a page with HTML. With page all builders you're dependent on the developers keeping current with the twists and turns of the Block editor as it evolves.

I haven't tried Gutenator yet. I may install it on a dev site and give it a go. I use the GeneratePress theme and the GenerateBlocks plugin for all my new sites and have converted many of the old ones to this combination. I have never liked using page builders, although it appears that the WP Block editor is evolving into just that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.