Home Forums Webinar Discussions Zion Builder notes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hugh
    Participant

As mentioned here, I looked up Zion Builder, which I hadn't seen before. Very interesting, I like where they're going. And based on what Stefan says on the Appsumo deal page, I can see at least one reason why it's fast - it runs on Vue.js 3 - that's cool just in itself. 😉

If you can't wait for Benjamin's take on it, look up Zion Builder on YouTube (and elsewhere), in particular their channel (the layered gradients tool is nice). Main thing I'm looking for in a page builder and what I'm going to play with in Zion is the Repeater and Dynamic parts, looks very promising.

While other page builders have been around longer and most of those have more bells and whistles to offer out of the box (for now), Zion Builder has great potential. Keep in mind also, you don't have to have just one page builder in your arsenal.

Benjamin
    Keymaster

YUP... I love it after spending time over the weekend. Love it so much that I've adjusted Tuesday's webinar to look specifically at Zion Builder. Wait till you all see the speed of Zion Builder.

Hugh
    Participant

I saw your email. Looks like you spent a little bit of time with it. I concur with your assessment of their coding structure and such. I managed to find the options list for the Order By dropdown in the Query builder settings, then added rand to it. Works like a charm! Just need to get a pull request to them.

Speaking of which, BB, have you been on Github lately?

Benjamin
    Keymaster

Now we need to upvote this "roadmap suggestion" that I submitted to ZionBuilder. This morning the dev team moved the suggestion from Under Consideration to the "Backlog" list... so that is good news that they are going to do it at some point. But if more people "vote" this suggestion, it has a better chance of getting included quicker.

https://feedback.zionbuilder.io/roadmap/conditional-logic-on-a-per-element-basis

Hugh
    Participant

Here's another one to upvote: https://feedback.zionbuilder.io/roadmap/repeater-random-option

As I mention, easy peasy fix/addition.

Benjamin
    Keymaster

Heads up, the devs just told me that the AppSumo lifetime deal is about to end... (in about a day).

https://appsumo.com/products/marketplace-zion-builder/

Benjamin
    Keymaster

One more thing about Zion Builder that I discovered. This is really the first page building solution that would allow me to write straight PHP into an "Element" giving incredible flexibility if needed. Now most of the time I'd probably be using hooks/filters but knowing that this is possible using the "Custom CODE" element in the Builder is pretty cool.

Zion Builder PHP Code

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.